Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 44 of 52

Muted Tones is the theme that MCP Project selected for week 44 of this Project 52.  Well I was perplexed.  Muted Tones... what is that?  I looked a some of the submissions and they didn't inspire me.  The images were either altered or enhanced.  I've nothing wrong with that, it is just that I don't know how to do that and don't have time to learn - at least not for this week.  What to use for a subject?  Where to take it?  What kind of lighting is needed for muted tones?  Again, more questions than I have answers for.

This photo, along with the others I took, were taken while in traffic.  I was on my way to the valley, San Fernando and got stuck in traffic.  I was stuck on the Sepulveda Pass in rush hour... for 2 hours I might add.  For those of you who don't know, Sepulveda runs parallel to the 405 freeway.  If you remember, the 405 is under major construction, remember Carmageddon?  So I whipped out my camera and started shooting.  There was building in varying degrees of completion.  The sun was beginning to set, most of the items were in shadow. and daylight was starting to fade.  I noticed this for the first time that most of the items in the construction site are very monochromatic.  In that light, the tones were mostly muted.  This is the one I submitted to the MCP Project.  If you want to see others from this shoot, check out my flickr site.

Structure is my theme for this year, and even though I have not mentioned it in a while.  Structure is obvious on this construction sites.  These are the pictures of the foundation of a freeway, which is a hugh structure in the life of Los Angeles.

No comments: