Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 9 - Starts with J

This year's Project 52 helps me get outside of my day to day insanity.  The weekly assignment was "Satrts with J"  I could only think of the same few things, junk, jacket, jump and people whose names begin with J.  As I was leaving work after the sunset, I drove by the Santa Monica Airport and noticed the the windsocks on the edge of the entrance were lit up.  They were beautiful.  I made a note to myself to come back and take some photographs.  That's when it hit me, Jets starts with a J so I returned to the airport.

The Museum of Flying is located at the Santa Monica airport.  There was one of the Blue Angels.  They are the US Navy flight demonstration squadron.  They put on many thrilling air shows and are used to recruit for the US Nave and US Marines Corp.  If you have not seen one of their shows you should make an effort to see one.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Saw this first on flickr ... so awesome! And the one and only jet in the group, I believe :)

Thanks for your awesome comments on my post xoxo